Sunset Radiology, Inc.’s proprietary Electronic Communications System, “ECS” for short, promotes clear & accurate communications with hospital staff. Hospital technologists no longer call in their exams to our operators by telephone, but rather, enter the data through a HIPAA-compliant, password-protected online communications system designed for ease of use and elimination of communication errors. The Sunset ECS system is completely web-based, and requires only a computer with internet access.
Some of the features include:
- Sunset’s Radiologists alerted to critical status cases, for enhanced triage of these studies;
- Radiologists alerted to time-in-queue status by color-coded entries, designed to enhance turn-around time;
- Users are able to check the status of their cases and request status updates without calling in;
- Ultrasound technologists are able to communicate findings through easy-to-use customized worksheet templates;
- Users are able to communicate special instructions to the radiologists, including phone and fax numbers for inpatient/outpatient exams, etc;
- Sunset’s Radiologists are able to communicate when images are not received, significantly reducing turnaround time and increasing productivity.
Communications Log and Patient Tracking System
- SUNSET offers its clients a web-based and electronically accessible state-of-the-art Communications Log and Patient Tracking System which allows our clients to access all relevant information about each case transmitted to Sunset for interpretation.